Monday, June 4, 2012

Bloody Mary Review: Green Mill Restaurant & Bar

Place: Green Mill Restaurant & Bar  
Location: 2626 Hennepin Ave, Mpls, MN 55408
Day: Sunday, June 3rd
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Temperature: 65 degrees
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor




In case this photo isn't suggestive enough, yes, this was a Sunday morning, working lunch.

 

I admit, I have not been to this Green Mill in a VERY long time. Not since my sister-in-law decided that it was just fine to scold my brother, informing him that he was a "BASTARD! Just like your father!" right in front of her three, grade-school age children when given the impression that he was saying that 'she' was just like her mother. (The actual situation was that he was telling their young daughter she was "just like her mother" as a compliment.  I can only imagine what the poor sucker my niece ends up marrying as an adult will have to go through if his statement holds true. )

But I digress ...


This place sets a fantastic standard for a clean, well managed establishment.  I was impressed by everything, from appearance, to the clean fresh smell of the place, to the well mannered and attentive staff.


Bloody Mary come hither ...


The 'extras' in this thing flooded the top of the glass.  Salami, cheddar, a green olive, peperoni, mozzarella, more peperoni, pickle, a lime wedge and a good size stock of celery.  Lunch in a glass.  YUM!  To be fair, I will tell you that I ordered the spicy bloody mary, as they have a less spicy option for the heartburn afflicted set.


The flavor was good without being too spicy or too alcohol strong (as a side note, we all–at my table– felt that while the taste of alcohol wasn't strong, the drinks had quite a bit of power to them ).   A good stir helped keep the drink equally as good from start to finish.
 

The only oddness came in the form of a beer chaser.  I wouldn't say that it was the best, but I wouldn't say it was the worst either.  Just not fantastic.  Still, it was brought to the table without request, so as an extra it garnishes an A+.  As for the price of this wonderous drink ... $3.99!  Yes, just $3.99!  Probably and early bird special, since my friends and I arrived 30 minutes before they even opened that morning, but if that's the case, I'm arriving early more often!   We accomplished our business goals and were off to enjoy the Sunday afternoon. 




End results:
Location : B
Parking: A ( A good sized lot & Street parking )
Bar/Restaurant Appearance: A
Staff: A+
Bloody Mary Appearance: A
Bloody Mary Extras: A
Bloody Mary Itself: B-
Price: A ( $3.99 )

No comments:

Post a Comment