Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bloody Mary Review : Amore Victoria

Place: Amore Victoria

Location: 1601 West Lake Street, Minneapolis

Day: Saturday, October 9

Time: 4:12 p.m.

Temperature: Around 76 degrees

Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor Rooftop Patio



The draw of a rooftop patio in this neighborhood is much akin to a bug drawn to a zapper. Sadly, that's kind of how this blog entry is going to begin and end. Amore Victoria is tucked in neatly between Lake Calhoun and the heart of Uptown. Just a few blocks either way can grant you a comfortable waterfront walk, or an eclectic shopping experience.



To get to the rooftop patio, you need just walk around to the back of the restaurant, and a very well crafted wooden staircase leads you upwards. For those needing it, the restaurant has even set up a single person elevator lift. An item that 100% received my attention and respect. The patio is perfectly laid out, with an excellent amount of spacing for tables as to not crowd the guests. The day was perfect, the temp perfect, the low noise level on the roof was perfect.


That bug zapper is looking soooo nice right now. The Bloody Mary arrives.



Let’s just say, if I were a candidate for having a heart attack and my doctor said that I needed to remove sodium and flavor from my food, I would end up drinking this bland flavorless tomato water for the rest of my life and never have a problem again. No salt ring on the crest of the glass, ZERO extras, unless you count the straw. There were loads of spices floating in the glass, but they must have been spices that were rinsed through a cleanser so many times that all that was left was the pulp and zero actual spice flavor. This didn’t even have the zing that I would image a glass of water with ketchup poured into it would have.


Please remember, this review should not be taken as one for the establishment, as I am told the food here is phenomenal, I just would have liked if some of that would have translated over to their Bloody Mary as well.


This didn’t even arrive at the table with the “plus-one” buddy of a beer chaser which at least would have given me some type of flavor (I would hope).


While the staff was polite, I will tell you that they could have been around a little more often. Waiting for the check to arrive felt like an eternity. Also, tables were left to sit far too long with the remaining carcasses of whatever the last hipster had delighted upon, making some of the most choice (view enhancing) tables undesirable unless you are o.k. with sitting amongst remains as you wait ... and wait, for the staff to clear it.



The price of this red liquid. I have no idea. My guest was wise enough to grab the bill and keep it from me, with the added note of, “you can get the next ones at the next place.” HA!


End results:


Location : A

Parking: B (Meter / Side Street / Parking Lot in back )

Restaurant Appearance: B

Staff: B-

Bloody Mary Appearance: D

Bloody Mary Extras: D

Bloody Mary Itself: D

Price: Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment