Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bloody Mary Review : The Lyndale Tap House

Place: The Lyndale Tap House

Location: 2937 Lyndale Ave. S, Minneapolis

Day: Saturday, October 8

Time: 5:00 p.m.

Temperature: Around 75 degrees

Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor Sidewalk Seating


The Lyndale Tap House is yet another in the grouping of LynLake bars worth visiting. I’ve been here once before for the Bloody Mary, and was expecting that this visit would elicit the same experience. It didn’t. Now that’s not to say it was worse or better, it was just different. The place is very well located with the surrounding of bars, reminiscent of my youthful years on the Iron Range where going bar hopping during a rain storm meant hardly having to get wet.



It’s clean, kitschy, with a friendly staff, and loads of Varga-Girl style imagery around the room. My friend and I sat outside on the sidewalk/patio area, which, on a 75 degree, Minnesota, Saturday evening in October brought out a Salvador Dali-esk variety of people for our viewing pleasure. I think we spent 15 minutes watching one woman try to parallel park a Camry. Not her specialty. Thankfully my car was not one of the two she was trying to wedge in-between


The Bloody Mary had a decent amount of flavor, but not as much as remembered from my last visit. It also arrived without the thick slab of bacon it sported on my last visit, along with no sign of a beer chaser (again, something that was presented on my last visit). Now I know some people will tell you that you need to request the chaser if you want it, but my goal on this quest is to see what arrives without having to specify more than a “Bloody Mary”



Still, the taste was good. An even level of spice without being overwhelming. A nice mix. Not a pungent taste of alcohol. The extras, while not the same as I remembered or expected, were pleasant and the salt ring a tasty blend.


End results:


Location : A

Parking: C (Metered & Residential side street parking)

Restaurant Appearance: B

Staff: A+

Bloody Mary Appearance: A

Bloody Mary Extras: B

Bloody Mary Itself: B

Price: B ( $6.00 )

No comments:

Post a Comment